Pages

03 March 2013

Music Monday ~ Sophie B Hawkins


Sophie B Hawkins ~ Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover

This was the debut single to be released from American singer/songwriter in 1992. It's taken from her 1st studio album "Tongues & Tails", where the single reached number 5 in the USA & number 14 here in the UK. The song has been covered by British band The Black Kids on their single "I'm Not Going To Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance With You". Other songs to be released by Sophie include "Right Beside You", "Don't Don't Tell Me No" & "As I Lay Me Down".


Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. Rules are simple. Leave ONLY the ACTUAL LINK POST here and grab the code below and place it at your blog entry. You can grab this code at LadyJava's Lounge Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted without prejudice.   PS: Because of spamming purposes, the linky will be closed on Thursday of each week at midnight, Malaysian Time. Thank you!

Photobucket

Also check out The Xmas Dolly’s site too for more Music Monday Moves Me videos


6 comments:

  1. This is my first time to hear this song. Happy MM here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have this knack of posting songs that I had completely forgot about till you hear them again heheh! I used to like her voice it sort of always reminded me of Chrissie Hinde.

    Have a fantastical week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, this song hit #5 in the US? I just don't remember it all. I like Sophie's vocal style, though. Thanks for the introduction. It was great having you on the dance floor with us on Monday's Music Moves Me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Like her voice, it is truly a different sound. Nice pick!

    Have a great Monday!
    ~Naila Moon

    http://yaknowstuff.blogspot.com/2013/03/mondays-music-moves-memarch-4-2013.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing this music with us.
    Very nice voice.

    Have a fun week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - if all is OK with your comment, it will appear shortly.